Sunday, April 10, 2011

payday...

As I'm writing this.. Aspen is up in her room having some "quiet time" for being sassy. So I'm documenting these photos to remind myself of how sweet she can be at times too. If there were a recipe to describe the make-up of my daughter it would be 50% sassy and 50%sweet.

Yesterday we took a day trip to St. Louis to go to the temple. Clark and I had been up til after Midnight the night before then we were up by 430am to be on the road by 5. Then it's a 3 1/2 hour drive there. We were back on the road again by about 2 to head home. The last hour and a half in the car were rough... to put it mildly. We were wishing it wasn't against the law to drop our kids off on the side of the road. At one point I told Clark I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. So when we were about 45 min from home I called a babysitter so we could go out to dinner and unwind. Here we were thinking our kids were supposed to be on perfect behavior on a temple trip. Anyhow.. we survived and made it home, and we drove straight to the babysitters house! It was great, the kids had fun playing with her and Clark and I enjoyed a couple hours of peace and quiet... or at least a meal we didn't have to cook or clean ourselves. We timed it so we came home shortly after the kids would be in bed. Sure enough, we came home to a nice quiet house. The babysitter handed me a little pink envelope that Aspen had given her to give to me when we came home. Inside was the following note:


momme thanke ou bekus i luve ou

I have to frame this and put it someplace where I can read it OFTEN.

No comments: