We're happy to report that we've had no major tragedies since the last post! whew! First off, I have to give a shout out to Rebecca Cox of Rebecca Cox Photography for the awesome photos she took of our cute kiddos (see slideshow on sidebar). We had a lot of fun taking photos with her and it's always fun to have new photos to document how much the kiddos are growing up.
Last week was also spring break so with Aspen home from school we were able to spend time having a little fun around town!We decided to take advantage and we packed a whole lot into this past week.. starting with last Saturday, we went to the "Under the Sea Adventure" at the crown center. The highlight was meeting the Mermaid Princess. I'd give it about a 4 on a scale of 1-10, a little lame but the exhibit was free and it was a fun little family outing.
Monday it snowed... bummer. But that didn't slow the kids down a bit, we just revamped our plans and headed up the street to go sledding! The kids loved it!

By Tuesday it had warmed up enough to go to the park... unfortunately, within about 5 minutes of being at the park Bryson knocked his head into a pillar as he was chasing a ball and cracked his little head open. Bummer. But nothing a little sonic ice cream and butterfly band-aids can't take care of.
Wednesday we decided just to take it easy, so we just hung around home and then tried the park again, a different park with a much more successful outcome... no one was bleeding!
On Thursday we were invited by another family to go along with them to the Science Center at Union Station. I've heard this is a pretty fun place to take the kids but I've been a little nervous about taking it on by myself and the kids not quite knowing what to expect. So it was great to go with a couple other mom's. The kids had a blast! We were able to watch a movie on their HUGE Extreme Screen and do all kinds of cool stuff. We were there for a few hours and didn't come close to seeing or doing everything there. We'll definitely have to plan a return trip here sometime!
Clark took Friday off work and we headed to St. Louis for a temple trip with a couple other families. The kids love staying at the hotel and going swimming, and then luckily it was nice enough weather on Saturday for us to check out the St. Louis Zoo (which is free!) It was great for the kids... got them good and worn out for the drive home.
If only spring break could last forever!
2 comments:
Holy crap, you have had a run in! (I'm obviously behind on my reading) I'm so glad all is well! How's your thumb healing? I love your new pictures! SO CUTE!
Thanks for the shout-out! But your slide show is missing my two favorites of Bryson! (the ones where he is blowing kisses.) I am so glad you like them. They were fun to take and edit. It looks like you had a great time at Union Station, too. I haven't gone there yet, but it is now on my to-do list!
Post a Comment