Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy 2011


Happy New Year! I love this time of year, it feels so new and fresh... a time to reflect on the past year and wonder with anxious anticipation of what a new year has in store. I read over my blog post from a year ago wondering what 2010 would have in store for us. I'll be honest that I a year ago when I was making predictions about 2010, I never thought I'd be posting a photo of me and Clark living in Lee's Summit, MO. It's like the insurance commercials... "life comes at you fast". You just never know what's around the corner.
Funny to see the things that did come to pass and things that didn't turn out anywhere near how we could have imagined them!

So here are the highlights of 2010:

Celebrated aspen's 14th birthday party... I mean 4th. (it just feels like she's a teenager already)

Clark Graduated from Westminster with his MBA... yeah, we all survived!

So we celebrated with an awesome trip to Cabo with Heidi and Eric...

Then Heidi and I got to take another trip together to visit Elder and Sister Kasteler in FIJI!!

I was welcomed home from FIJI with this sweet addition to our family... little miss Izzy... little did we know that a short 2 months later we'd be packing it up for a move to Missouri. We sure miss her, but she is loving her adventurous life in Idaho with Grandma and Grandpa Hymas. He has trained her to be one heck of a duck hunting dog.

Kansas City, Here we come!

We were only gone a couple of weeks, then came back for a great Hymas family reunion at the cabin... the best way to say goodbye was to spend the weekend with family at the greatest place on earth!


We survived 3 months of apartment living (which felt like 6 months) and got into our new house!


We've had a lot of fun exploring our new "hood" and have gained a true appreciation for Kansas City BBQ!


We had an awesome weekend getaway in NYC to celebrate our 10 year anniversary (engagement anniversary)

Had a fun Halloween getting to know all our new neighbors

Took our first trip to St. Louis, think we'll make this trip an annual Thanksgiving weekend tradition. Can't think of a better way to express the gratitude I feel for everything in my life than a trip to the temple.

Celebrated Bryson's 2 year birthday with a "lightning mcQueen" bday party.

Started our own Hymas family tradition of Japanese food Christmas Eve dinner

Had an awesome Christmas morning...we definitely missed family, but had good time just with our own little kiddos. I think my favorite part of Christmas was Christmas eve, telling the story of baby Jesus, and opening our Christmas eve jammies.... then putting the kids to bed and spending the rest of the night playing santa clause and watching Clark footching over building toys! The best part was that the kids were so excited in the morning and had NO expectations at all... so there was no dissapointment!

I think looking back on the past six months since being here, especially over the holidays I've gained an appreciation for family traditions. This year we really had to make the effort to do traditions that we normally do with the rest of our family back home. You know, the things you take for granted that you really miss when you are away. I am so grateful for the awesome friends we have made here in MO... we have adopted them like family and I truly couldn't survive here without such great friends. I feel very blessed, and am looking forward to whatever 2011 has in store for us. No predictions this year, we'll just take what comes our way! BRING IT ON!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Holiday. Can't wait until the girls are a little bigger and we can come visit! We miss seeing you guys, but am really happy that you are finding Kansas City your new home!

Love ya,

Mel

gramakas said...

What a GREAT review! 2010 was a busy, interesting, exciting, adventureous year, for sure! You can probably guess what our favorite part was! THANKS SOOOOO MUCH FOR COMING ALL THE WAY TO FIJI! You can be sure that was the highlight of our year!!!

Lynnae said...

Wow! 2010 was quite a year. I loved the recap! See you in a couple weeks. Yay!