Tuesday, November 03, 2009

thankful today...

today i'm thankful for the beautiful fall weather that allowed me to plant bulbs... a first for me. I think i might be going crazy because as I was planting the bulbs I was talking to them. I was saying that the next time I would see them they would be a beautiful symbol that we made it through the dark tunnel of winter that lies ahead. By the time I see those tulips poke up from the soil... we'll be so close to clark's graduation... so close! So I buried those bulbs with a promise that good things are waiting for us next spring!

I'm also thankful I was able to go rake leaves with the webelos... they are the greatest kids ever, they totally make me laugh. I just love listening to their conversations... one minute they're talking about transformers 2 and the next minute they're discussing the economy and president Obama... i just have to smile, they crack me up! This calling is definitely turning out to be a very unexpected highlight in my life right now... never thought I'd catch myself saying that. When I first was called, i thought what in the world am I going to do with a bunch of 10 year old boys... but they are so great, I hope bryson grows up to be as great of a kid as they are !

Also thankful both my kids went to bed super easy tonight and that I've had a few hours this evening to relax and catch up on the biggest loser and SYTYCD!

4 comments:

john and melissa said...

I hope your experience with bulbs is better than ours was. We planted about 100 bulbs the first fall we lived here only to have all of the deer come and pull them up as soon as they started sprouting the next spring!

Linda said...

I needed to do that this year. I'm such a loser. I am glad Clark is getting closer to the end - that's awesome!

gramakas said...

I will be excited to see your bulbs come up out of the ground next spring too because that will mean we will be approaching our "half way" point! (not that we are keeping track! ;)

Camdog said...

I guess since I am actually at home and have taken the time to check out your blog since this is the only place in the whole wide web that I can see it, that I'd say hi.

HI