The other day, Aspen was sitting at my desk coloring and when I went over to see what she was drawing, this is what i found....imagine my surprise since I admit, I have not ever sat down to teach her how to write her letters! It reminded me of a time, about a year or so ago when I was driving in the car with Aspen and out of nowhere she starts singing the alphabet song. Again, imagine my surprise since I knew I hadn't taught it to her. So I gotta give thanks for the 2-days a week Aspen has been going to daycare/preschool... since they obviously take the time to teach her what I haven't!
Then, the other day Aspen woke up before me (like every day) and she came into my room trying to get me out of bed to pour her some cereal. I was trying so hard to distract her so I could stay in bed a little longer. So she picked up the notebook that was sitting on my nightstand and said she was going to draw a picture of me.... aren't I beautiful! I guess that's how I look first thing in the morning. The rainbow over my head is actually hair, and all the little circles in the middle of my face... those are teeth. 
And here she is... another creation in action!
4 comments:
As silly as this may sound, you will forget in time what she said to you when she drew your portrait. On the back of it you will be very happy (if it is saved and she's 16) if you have made notes about the teeth & the whole story. That is precious.
I gave that pink mat to a friend, is it a worthwhile item that you'd recommend?
OK, she is so talented!!!! and so darling!!! What a sweetie pie! (from swk not phk though he loved seeing this post too)
I love the artwork. I hope you save some of them. Maybe I can hire her to draw some pictures for my nursery.
She is darling, and comes by creating naturally. My favorite part is your teeth! Too cute~
Post a Comment